Indie Rock * Post Punk * Indie Folk * Alt Folk * Psych Folk

Indie Rock * Post Punk * Indie Folk * Alt Folk * Psych Folk

Monday, October 31, 2011

Feedback Eyes (the first Lighrail Coyote song) Mix #1

                       Here we go This is the first track recorded. 
. Feedback Eyes 100411 by Lightrailcoyote 
 It's of course not "perfect"/finished, meaning that I have more work I'm planning on doing to this (remixes, changing the drums, re-recording parts, etc). Usually I try not to share first mixes like this - unless I am collaborating.
But in the spirit of Coyote and the instant nature of blogging - Here it is. Have a listen, give me some feedback and creative ideas if you'd like. Let's see what happens . . .

This is a glimpse into my process. I find some inspiration, start recording different pieces and layers. Then I do a rough mix-down. Artists working in other mediums probably experience getting "too close" to what they are creating after working on it for awhile. Because of this, I usually step back and away for a couple weeks or so, and then listen again with fresh ears. Then I do some editing, re-recording, re-arranging, etc.


 I usually do this a couple of times, before I am content enough to call something "finished". At least finished enough to move on to another song.

No comments:

Post a Comment