Indie Rock * Post Punk * Indie Folk * Alt Folk * Psych Folk

Indie Rock * Post Punk * Indie Folk * Alt Folk * Psych Folk

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Post-modern music making

I used to hear the term post-modern a lot in college. It was a Label that was worn-out from overuse. The more I heard it, the less it meant.

As a solo recording musician, I tend to pull from beyond the indie-rock and folk backgrounds that I usually create and perform in. I think a large part of this is the use of drum loop beats and electronic samples.
There are some


hip-hop elements that I am hearing in the new songs I am making (and will post them this weekend). I think it is because of those post-modern textures and because they are beat oriented. Thank you drummer from Tortoise!

--Kristian

Location:Lightrail eastbound

No comments:

Post a Comment